Friday, February 23, 2007

Once again, two COMPLETELY unrelated topics in one post

So, I want to take a minute to talk about the serious impact that alcohol has on one's decision-making skills. Even though I am someone who has one or two drinks once in a while, I think I just realized the impact that alcohol has had on my life today.
One of my cousins almost had his son taken away from him by the courts because of something that happened during a drunken rage. (Fortunately, he recently reported to me that he's been sober 3 months.) Another cousin of mine was killed by a drunk driver. And yet another cousin of mine drove his car through two backyards into mine, hitting a tree. The car exploded and the tree caught fire (and nearly caught my house on fire). One in seven college women have been raped (admittedly not all alcohol-related). Why do so many college students have no respect for what the bottle can do to make them lose all their inhibitions? No, really, why? I'd like to hear from you guys if you have an answer.


In other news, I am going to miss sleeping in on Saturdays...someday. As many of you may or may not know, my dream is to have as many children as the Good Lord would bless us with. We talk about 12, but I will take as many or as few as He will give us. If you know anything about kids, some of my 12 children will undoubtedly be early risers. I am going to miss those Saturday mornings when I get to snuggle with under the warm covers and drift back to sleep. But, it will surely be worth it.

No comments: