Saturday, February 24, 2007

Cookies and Eczema

So, I am trying to decide which one I prefer: baking or cooking. I like cooking, because it makes my husband happy and I like to experiment with different spices or different combinations of vegetables. Baking on the other hand, well let's just say I learned the hard way that I pretty much gotta stick to the recipe to the letter. There's a lot of tricky chemistry involved in baking. But, the results are much more satisfying. I love sweet things. Period. I would live off of cookies and brownies alone if that were safe. Ivan on the other hand takes those things in moderation. He would much rather eat "real food." As I type this, he is in the kitchen making butterfly chops on the George Foreman.


So, I have eczema. Or at least the doctor told me its eczema. And we aren't talking your garden-variety eczema in a few patches here and there. We're talking itchy bumps from my ears down to my toes--even the palms of my hands are way itchy. Nearly every surface on my body itches--constantly. And its been like this for weeks. It feels better in the morning but I wake up in the middle of every night in excruciating itchiness. My only comfort is the fact that the drug the Dr. gave me (which is running out) makes me way drowsy and sleepy. If anyone knows what I can do to find relief, please, for the love of God, tell me.

No comments: