Thursday, April 30, 2009

Comfortable shoes

I decided its finally time to start wearing comfortable shoes. Not expensive shoes or cheap shoes or sexy shoes. Comfortable shoes. Ever since I have been old enough to chose my own shoes, I have based my shoe choices on two things: are they cute? are they cheap? Not anymore. I woke up yesterday morning and thought to myself: I am a mom now. I carry around an extra 16 pounds of baby all day. Its time to invest in comfortable, stylish, durable shoes.

Fortunately I knew that the shoe designers that are known for making old-lady type shoes for comfort have started to produce some styles for us younger women as well. I set off on a walk toward Old Town Pasadena where the DSW shoe store is. I have walked through it a bunch of times, but never actually purchased anything. Boy, was I surprised when I started looking at the prices! They sell $500.00 flip flops and jelly shoes!!!

Okay, so they do have reasonably-priced shoes for average people as well, but I was pretty impressed that people are dumb enough to pay that much for a pair of jelly shoes.

I haven't found my new comfy, stylish mom shoes yet, but I will keep you updated.

1 comment:

Daniel Groot said...

Do you know that you and I use the same template? ;)

"... I was pretty impressed that people are dumb enough to pay that much for a pair of jelly shoes."

I love this sentence.