Thursday, April 27, 2006

What I got myself into...

Life is hard. Jesus is not a crutch for the weak. Jesus is not religion.

I find there are a lot of things in my life I complain about that I am not in any position to be complaining about. I get myself into these messes and try to place blame. I place blame on my parents or on my husband all the time. I should have known when I decided to follow Christ what I was getting myself into. I take that back--I DID know what I was getting myself into. I counted the cost, becuase I knew I would face rejection from my family. When I took my first missions trip to Turkey, only my in-laws supported me. I was scorned by my family. Following Christ means hardship and getting looked down on and maybe even getting killed. People say that this kind of life is a crutch for the weak, but that is false. This IS the difficult path. I am not allowed to drown my sorrows in alcohol. I have to be selective with what I watch on TV. I have to be wise with my tongue. I have to choose to love people that aren't very loveable. I have to strive toward righteousness daily. Now THAT'S hard.

Make no mistake. It is road filled with more joy and fulfillment than anything else I could imagine...and the Spirit allows me to do whatever needs to be done.

No comments: