Tuesday, April 18, 2006

One Hope Left

The name of this blog...

I think that as humans we have innate desires for things like love, joy, something to devote yourself to.....and something to look forward to--to place your hope in. I have found in my short 21 years on this earth that many of the things I looked to for hope and love have let me down. Money leaves a person greedy and unhappy. Empty sexual relationships will leave you empty. Even my husband cannot satisfy that craving in me. As much as he has been a wonderful partner for me, when I put all my hope in him he still let's me down. And this list goes on. It leaves just one thing for me to put my hope in. There is one place I can get a love that will not--cannot fail.
The reason I call this blog "One Hope Left" is because Jesus is the one who gives perfect love and satisfies my heart in a way this world cannot. No matter what happens I still have Heaven to look forward to and absolutely nothing can take that away from me. "For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Romans 8:38-39 KJV).

1 comment:

Pastor Ian said...

hey sweetums! it's a nice looking blog so far :-)

oh, and make babies with me.