Monday, October 01, 2012

Adelynn's Birthday

Today is my daughter’s first birthday. There’s so much I want to say about this day, I don’t even know where to begin!
I don’t think I am exaggerating when I say that I have reflected on the day she was born every single day for the past year. It forever changed the way I think about myself and what my body is capable of. More than anything, it changed my relationship with my Creator. God answered so many specific prayers in very specific ways on that day. With the exception of the day I decided to follow Christ and my wedding day, Adelynn’s birthday was the most important day of my life so far. I cried tears of joy for two weeks after the fact!
For those that are curious to read about it, I posted the (rather lengthy) story here.
           My son’s birth was not the experience I’d hoped for, so I felt pretty unsure about going through childbirth the second time. Calling it “amazing” would be an understatement. Because of the way Adelynn’s birth went, I know I could do it again and again. And it has spurred a passion in me to help other mom’s achieve a positive birth experience. I’ve decided to devote myself to the cause through education and one-on-one support with expectant couples--and now it’s something I can really see myself doing for the rest of my life! (So, you can see why I say my daughter’s birth changed my life!)
    Happy Birthday, my sweet little girl. May your birth-day be a sign of what the rest of your life will be -- giving other people stronger faith in Jesus Christ. I love you, Adelynn!

No comments: