Saturday, March 24, 2007

Don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow has enough worries of its own

According to mapquest.com, Fuller seminary is just a short, 1800-mile jaunt from my house. That's only like 5 states away, right? I'll be pretty much living in LA. That's right, Ivan has decided that maybe Fuller is the best seminary for him and it seems like a good idea to move to one of the scariest places in the world. Thinking about moving to Pasadena isn't like thinking about moving to Dubuque. We have no way of seeing what the place looks like or going for job interviews or anything until we arrive. I am thinking we will have to take just a few things in our truck until we can afford to have the rest of our stuff shipped out, which may be NEVER if we are living in a place where the cost of living is, well a little different than IOWA! I will no longer be in a place that's 95% white, not that that bothers me, but it will definitely be culturally different. I have never even seen the Pacific ocean.


I am going to go for the love of my husband, scary as it might be. It is an adventure, and I will not be afraid, because Christ is with me always, and what can anything on this Earth do to hurt me? What does it profit me to worry about it? If this is truly where God is calling us to go, everything will work out. Amen.

No comments: