Friday, May 25, 2012

Music for Labor

In case anyone is curious what we actually ended up using for relaxation during labor with my second baby: I tried to choose only things that put me into a relaxed trance, which is a very different set of music than what I enjoy on a daily basis.

  • Nature Sounds for Pregnancy and Birth
  • A mix playlist I created myself
I Surrender All - Jadon Lavik
Into the West - Howard Shore (Lord of The Rings)
For the Beauty of the Earth - Laura Jewel & Steve Ivey
Beyond the Veil - Clyde Bawden
For the Beauty of the Earth - The Lower Lights (yes, two versions of this song)
Consider the Lilies - Mormon Tabernacle Choir
Calling All Angels - The Wailin' Jennys
Redeemer - Darla Day
At Last - Etta James
Dream a Little Dream of Me - Michael Buble
Seascapes - Paul Brooks
I'm Yours - Jason Mraz

  • Hypnobirthing (this isn't music, but rather a spoken word CD that comes with Marie Mongan's book)
I used these during the months leading up to the birth as well as during labor. I'd encourage moms to make their own, and if you don't end up using it, you'll still have something to relax to after baby arrives!

No comments: